Friday, November 2, 2012

Yeah!!! The best week for being an intern.



     This week was definitely a good one.  I have learned so much this week.  On Monday, I went to observe a different teacher's math class.  Since, my next lesson is on Math my teacher thought it would be helpful to get a different take on teaching math.  This teacher is just so awesome.  She did her math in the same style as guided reading.  She spent the first 30 minutes working with the class, then she divided them into different sections.  One group worked with her, one worked with VersaTiles, some used spinners, and some did computer work.  The thing that struck me was how none of the students talked unless they were called on.  I was very impressed by this teacher.
     Wednesday was the first time I had worked during a teachers work day.  I had so much fun learning how to use the laminator, and putting up a new board in the classroom.  Also, since my teacher will be out for the next week I spent most of the day discussing what she expects from me.  It was so nice to hear how much someone was impressed by me, and how much they knew I was cut out for this job.  She gave me a list of things to work on while she is gone, and was so happy that I would be there with them every day but 1. 
     Today started out slow.  I really enjoyed meeting the substitute, and found out she retired from teaching first grade last year.  She was so excited to hear that I would be in 1st grade for student teaching.  We gave the summative assessment for the area/perimeter unit, and found out that no one passed.  We decided to go over finding area and perimeter again, and then regive the test.  For the most part the day went well.  The students created a sign telling the teacher that they loved her, and congrats on her wedding.  I took a picture of them holding the sign and texted it to the teacher.  I thought she would love to know that they were thinking of her. 
     I for one am very happy to be at GES and I am so excited about the future.  Now if I can just make it through this semester!!!  I'm ready to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  We GOT this!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment