Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Guided Reading

 
 
Today was a great day.  My cooperating teacher allowed me to take over guided reading today.  At first I was very nervous.  After the first reading group I found my groove.  Each student read to me today, and I made notes about the words that gave them problems, or good habits that they demonstrated.  My cooperating teacher told me that I was definitely ready for student teaching.  She is always very supportive and she is always there for what I need. 
Now I am looking forward to Friday and my last lesson.  I chose something that I am not comfortable with.  I am doing my lesson on science and about magnets.  I am very nervous about it, but while I have a back up I want to try to see what I can do.  I have everything ready for Friday, and I have emailed my cooperating teacher my lesson plan.  I hope she likes it, but at least I can still make changes.  If I could ask for anything it would be to understand science more.  I have never been a fan, and it was always my worst subject.  I prefer math and reading any day. 
I realized today that I have 2 weeks from today left with my class.  I am sad because I will miss them, they have become a part of me.  My cooperating teacher and I let them know when I will be leaving, and they were upset.  They asked me if I could come back and visit.  I told them I can't promise, but I will be on the other side of the school.  They then asked me if I could teach 5th grade so they could get me next year.  They are so sweet. Even though I am sad, I am so excited because I have almost made it through this semester from heck.  I am so proud of all of us.  We have been through a great deal and we have survived. Now if I can make it through this leadership project and the case study I will be golden.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

2 comments:

  1. It is going to be so sad to leave our students in a couple of weeks, for us and them. I know we have made such connections with them and our teachers. Time just flew by though. I am glad that you had a chance to do guided reading groups. I think that has been one of my favorite things to do in the class. I also agree with you on the science...it is not one of my strong suits either, but there is so much out there that can be used to teach. Good luck on your last lesson...I know it will be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jean. I didn't get to do guided reading, except when I sub. I am glad that you got to do this. I talked you after your lesson , so I know that it went well. I am very proud of you. Now I am getting nervous about my upcoming lesson. I am also sad to be leaving the students in my class. I won't even be in the same school with them next semester and I doubt that I will get the chance to see them; I hate that. It really breaks my heart. I love those kids so much; I am about to cry right now. OMG

    ReplyDelete